Sunday, January 27, 2008

silent sparrow

I have a confession to make. If silent sparrow made real world clothes, I wouldn't be able to afford electricity, water, and possibly food. I want these things to wear so very much. You see, hyasynth makes pants that would embolden me to walk up to someone and say "I want to have sex with your pants. It's ok if you're in them. Come on." Yes boys, these clothes will make you lickable.

silent sparrow is currently having a sale- this time many of the things on sale will be retired and never seen again. Sale items, unlike normal items, are copy/no trans, so you're going to have to bring people to the shop if you want to get something for them (ahem, girls trying to dress their boys decently). Personally, I kind of like copy/no trans, because I can alter my clothing with sliders and tints and such and not have to worry about having to change them back to wear them a different way, put them in multiple folders, and whatnot- although the ability to give things away is also nice. You know, when I wouldn't stab someone for trying to steal my clothes.

On the third floor are a lovely variety of goodies, some of which will be in the sale section after the remodel, but the ones that have only some colours? Those will be gone. And, even more secret! In the sewer, which currently has the everyday sale section, everything will be retired. This includes something that I don't know that I would ever wear because I'm not a hearts and pink person, but dear god, this is amazing:



(I'm still debating on buying it. Because...wow. In this case, if it were trans, I would have bought it without hesitation, because maybe I'd have an alt who'd wear it or something. Or love someone enough I would let them borrow it, so long as they promised to give it back!) Seasonally, there is also the Amore set in red and pink upstairs as well (the black is downstairs, so yes! that means this is your last chance for those too!)

I also picked up both Eventide sets downstairs, even though I'm not much for lingerie, because some of the items with that set I needed. I needed or I would die.



(If you haven't been down to the steam tunnels, take the ladder down in the first floor, behind the stairs up, and then keep going down. The sale area is pretty straightforward to get to, just keep heading down, and into the area with the bars. The steam tunnels themselves go on for forever in a wonderful maze that's great fun to get lost in. And, since this sale is due to a redesign of the sim, you'd better see everything there now, since who knows what will be there in the future!)

I also picked up a few dresses for my sojourns to Caledon and Babbage as well as other period and dress appropriate occasions, since Allegory has very little in the way of a dress selection. The Artemisia in grey has the most wonderful scalloped edging on the skirt, as well as a truly delightful pattern. It does come in a less drab selection as well, for those of you who prefer actual colour:



I purchased...quite a few other items downstairs, including things in stronger (and some in bluer!) colours than I otherwise might, but the detailing on them sucked me in, and, well, they will be gone! So I'd best act now, while I still have the chance. Forget me not, for instance, is an amazing shade of blue, with marvelous lace edging that escapes the bounds of the clothing. It has a system skirt, which is an absolute necessity with the amazing edging that graces the bottom of the skirt, as well. I know some people fear system skirts, but I rather do like them in certain cases, as they really do move with you. Plus, they don't suffer from the hideous z fighting that other transparencies do.



Eventually I went upstairs, and ran into Rikka Koi of Crimson + Clover (I hope that's the right SLURL, I'm lazy and not checking), who was, in part, shopping for a dress to wear with her Mrs. Lovett avatar she is currently working on (the skin is gorgeous). She put on the Phoebe, and even though I had talked myself out of it before, because I'd already picked up a couple of other black and grey dresses, upon seeing it I had to have it. The skirt is fabulous, and it has these wonderful lacy accents that are to die for. (I wasn't quick enough on the draw to get Rikka's fab skin, so you have to settle for little old me.)



I also picked up a few more suit like things, with pants, as Allegory is still not a skirt girl, and they, also, would be quite marvelous for dressing up. Amongst others (let's just say my Linden balance is a touch lighter than before, shall we?), I picked up the House of Leaves set. I positively adore the back, and the shoulders, and the leaf buttons, and dear god the brocade on the pants. I don't know whether the name has anything to do with the book, but that is an unusual piece of literature I highly recommend.



I have this thing for jackets (and, the real me has been cold all the time recently so I keep wanting to bundle poor Alle up as well), so I had to get one of the trenchants (in the sewer). You can wear three lengths, without skirt, a short jacket with skirt, and a long jacket. I chose the spider, which is awesome- not only is there the greatest spider on the back, but spiderwebs on the front and sleeves, as well! (Also Eventide pants, and Obscurite gloves. I've got to retexture those boots some day, they've got library velvet tinted or something similarly awful. They predate the nice buckles I use on things now, as well, rather obviously.)



I also finally caved on the Midnight Circus outfit, which isn't on sale, but I've been lusting over since I first saw it, when I was broke and measured everything in uploads and could never believe I'd be able to afford it. I think I'm partly making up for the karma of the A being on the lucky chair the very first time I was back to the sim after she added the dusk set!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover