Monday, August 24, 2009

~silentsparrow~ Severin


And this is in the night:—Most glorious night!
Thou wer't not sent for slumber! let me be
A sharer in thy far and fierce delight,—
A portion of the tempest and of me!
How the lit lake shines a phosphoric sea,
And the big rain comet dancing to the earth!
And now again 'tis black,—and now the glee
Of the loud hills shakes with its mountain mirth,
As if they did rejoice o'er a young; earthquake's birth

     -from the letter to the editor preceeding John Polidori's The Vampyre


~silentsparrow~'s new Severin suit put me in mind of a decadent 18th century poet, steeped deeply in the roots of Romanticism. (It probably helps none that I'd just recently reread The Vampyre, quoted above, written by Lord Byron's personal physician John Polidori- the vampyre himself being based upon Byron.) It, is, of course, the suit companion to the Severina suite, sharing many of the same stylistic elements and brocade pattern; matched pairs are common in hyasynth's work- they often provide more pieces to mix to change the feeling of both sets to something completely different, as well as lending themselves to stunning couple's wear for those wishing to coordinate with each other.


Of course, life wouldn't be complete without options- each Severin suit comes with 2 pairs of pants, with the mismatched legs and solid, 2 styles of cuffs for how decadent you are feeling at the time, and 3 different jabots to coordinate with the 3 different shirts. Even if you do end up accidentally showing up at a function in the same outfit, with so much included it's likely you'll still not be the same!


As a recovering hardcore comic book geek (I would just consider myself a casual comic book geek now!), the pairing of them also puts to mind the Hellfire Club- the men dressing in an opulent 18th century style, and the women wearing...a bit less than would be seen in polite society at the time, shall we say.



(much thanks to Alyx Sands for letting me break into her house while she was away and use her chaise from October Rust- as well as thanks to everyone on my plurk timeline who tried to help me find a rowboat, though I ended up building my own quicklike for a prop and going to Error instead. Mr. Spoonhammer would so beat me up if he'd seen me taking my short scrawny little boy for pictures there, I'm sure! Bonus thanks to Achariya for taking my random "oh hey, you're on, wanna sit still for me?" IM and being boy Alle's daydream.)


on boy Alle:
suit: ~silentsparrow~ Severin, kohl and iris
hair: Gritty Kitty Hoke-troika
eyes: Miriel eyes, no longer available
shoes: Schadenfreude Winklepickers
skin: unreleased

boy Alle's muse and dream girl, Achariya:
dress and stockings: ~silentsparrow~ Severina, menthe
hair: Schadenfreude Black Sambuca Boon-mee
hair bows: Schadenfreude Electro-cute hairbows
earrings: Violet Voltaire Melancholy Earrings
collar: Eat Rice! Cutie Collar
legwarmers: Curious Kitties Bound Ribbon Legwarmers
shoes: Unique Needs Death Dolly Goth MJ
manicure: Schadenfreude Green Glitter Manicure
skin: Schadenfreude Porcelain Langwidere Diamond Dogs Emerald

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover