Sunday, March 9, 2008

Book meme

I was tagged by the ever lovely hyasynth of silent sparrow.

So the rules are…
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

I read a lot of horror. Horror short stories, especially, are my bedtime reading (yeah, I'm weird), but I've gone through all my short stories (I have a tendency to get halfway through a book and then just read all night when I have book books, hence the short stories!), so I'm on a novel and trying not to read for 6 hours when I ought to be sleeping, as per my norm.

"Accepted, after all this time, that his sentence - regardless of the behaviour of journalists, or anyone else for that matter - hadn't been in any way unjustified. That that he'd received he's amply deserved. As though he were, at long last, confessing:
-His pathetic little cries! I had no right to harm Michael!"

Winterwood, by Patrick McCabe

This episode of no context theatre doesn't really give you much insight to the book itself. Although conversely, it is an important theme to those who have read it (in part because it's something that he returns to constantly...in a good way, actually, as it shows his state of mind).

I shan't be tagging anyone, you seem to be doing quite alright on hitting everyone without me! (Actually, Kiki, if you read this, you're tagged. As are Apatia Hammerer, Gogo, and Melanie Kidd, because I haven't seen any of you answering it yet. Wow, that's even almost 5.)

Real content and stuff...sometime. I've still got my nose buried in a few projects that will see the light of day sometime soon (cross fingers). And! I think I've got my viewer working pretty well again, so I'm far less gloomy about that.

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover